MULTIPLE CORPORATE STRUCTURE, MEMBERSHIP AND AFFILIATIONS
The AMERICAN UROLOGICAL ASSOCIATION consists of three Maryland corporations, namely:
- the American Urological Association, Inc., a professional association representing its members in health policy and related matters;
- the American Urological Association Education and Research, Inc., a separate charitable and educational organization enjoying tax-exempt status; and
- the Urology Care Foundation, Inc., a charitable patient education, research and advocacy foundation. Affiliated with AUA corporations are its eight regional Sections. Both of the AUA corporations are membership corporations, while the only members of the Foundation are its 13 physician Directors (same as Directors of the AUA corporations).
The names "American Urological Association, Inc.," "AUA" and the AUA logo are registered trademarks of the American Urological Association, Inc., and may not be used by any other party without express written permission of the American Urological Association, Inc. Likewise, the names and logo of the Foundation are registered and may not be used without permission. All materials posted on this website are subject to copyrights owned by the Urology Care Foundation, Inc., the American Urological Association, Inc., or the American Urological Association Education and Research, Inc., or by other parties and used with permission. These materials may not be reproduced, re-transmitted or hyperlinked without express written permission of the AUA's authorized representative. Any and all schedules, lists of AUA members and similar postings are solely for the use and convenience of AUA members and the public, and may not be downloaded or otherwise employed for any commercial purposes whatsoever.
Requests for permission or inquiries should be sent via email.
- None of the information posted on this website is intended to convey medical advice, nor to substitute for direct medical consultation with a Board-certified urologist or other qualified medical practitioner, regarding individual health needs.
- None of the opinions or recommendations expressed herein by third parties is endorsed or vouched for by the American Urological Association, Inc., by the American Urological Association Education and Research, Inc., or by the Urology Care Foundation, Inc., or other parties. Such comments must be taken solely as the opinions of their authors.
- Moreover, none of the products or services mentioned herein, nor referenced by advertisements or hyperlinks, may be taken as endorsed or recommended by the American Urological Association, Inc., or its affiliated entities.
- The American Urological Association, Inc., expressly disclaims all liability and legal responsibility for the information contained or referenced in, posted by others in or linked to its website. No warranties may be implied, but all are expressly disclaimed to the full extent permitted by law.
- This site makes use of licensed stock photography. All stock photography is for illustrative purposes only and all persons depicted are models.
- The Urology Care Foundation seeks to ensure that email promotional announcements are sent only to recipients identifying an interest in the subject matter.
- The Urology Care Foundation will take steps to ensure that all email promotional announcements contain a marketing-specific subject line, concise promotional copy, accurate reply instructions, appropriate legal disclaimers and unsubscribe instructions.
- The Urology Care Foundation will timely honor all "unsubscribe" requests by properly coding the database.
- The Urology Care Foundation will not share, rent or sell email lists to vendors for the purpose of promoting outside products or services, or for any reason whatsoever.
We only use information collected on UrologyHealth.org and UrologyCareFoundation.org for reply and/or site improvements, and do not distribute this information to third parties.
We deploy technology to protect the information you send us.
Cookies are used to keep track of information to allow a better user experience, and this information is kept confidential within the AUA.
The Urology Care Foundation has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy and protection of users. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: UrologyHealth.org.
UrologyHealth.org contains areas and forms that require user registration to give us contact information (e.g., name and email address), unique identifiers (e.g., system I.D. number), financial information (e.g., account or credit card numbers) and demographic information (e.g., ZIP code, age or special interest area).
Financial information that is collected is used to bill the user for products and services. Unique identifiers (such as I.D. number) are collected to verify the user's identity. Demographic and profile data is also collected at our site. All data is used only for AUA purposes to serve you better.
This site contains links to other sites. UrologyHealth.org is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
UrologyHealth.org online surveys ask users and members for contact information (such as email address) and demographic information (including ZIP code and age). We use contact data from our surveys to send the user information about our Association. The customer's contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary.
This website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site or your dealings with this website, please contact us via email.