General Questions to Ask Your Health Care Provider
- Can you prevent OAB?
- Can you cure OAB?
Questions About Diagnosis
- Can you help me or do I need to see a specialist?
- If I need a specialist, how can I find the right one for me?
- Will I need to have tests to find out if I have OAB?
- Would you explain each test, and why you think I need them?
- Are there any dangers of having these tests?
- If I don't have OAB, what other problem could be causing my symptoms, and why?
Questions About Treatment
- What types of treatment are there for OAB?
- Are there problems that can come from treatment?
- What are the pros and cons of each type of treatment?
- What treatment do you think is right for me and why?
- How soon after treatment will I feel better?
- After I start treatment, are there problems I should I watch out for?
- When should I call you?
- What happens if the first treatment doesn't help?
- Will I need treatment for the rest of my life?
- Are there any exercises I can do to help my symptoms?
- Do I need to see a physical therapist?
- Are there any lifestyle changes I can make that could help my symptoms?
- What would happen if I didn't treat OAB?
- What's my next step?