By: Urology Care Foundation | Posted on: 01 Mar 2015
Makes 1 Serving
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 red bell pepper, deseeded and diced
1 large handful fresh spinach, rinsed and stemmed
3 free range eggs
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add the red pepper, and sizzle for a couple of minutes until lightly charred.
- Add the spinach and cook for 20 – 30 seconds until lightly wilted, then transfer the contents of the pan to a small bowl.
- Return the pan to the heat and add a little more olive oil if necessary.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs with a little salt and pepper.
- Pour into the pan, and cook for 30 – 45 seconds before flipping the omelette with a spatula.
- Cook for a further two minutes on the other side, before checking that the face down side is well coloured.
- Pour the red pepper and spinach mixture onto one side of the omelette, before folding in half so that it becomes a 'filling'.
- Cook folded for a further minute, before serving.