COVID-19 is bringing a lot of changes to our lives, including stress and anxiety. We’ve put together these helpful resources for you during this challenging time.
Many organizations are providing patient support through virtual platforms. We have compiled a list of Virtual Patient Support Groups to help patients find the right one for them.
National Health Resources
U.S. Center for Disease Control
The CDC is closely monitoring COVID-19 coronavirus developments. To learn about the coronavirus, including symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, prevention and how the virus spreads, visit the CDC website for more information.
- For what to do if you are sick, please access the CDC Coronavirus Guide.
- Many towns have opened drive through testing locations. For information on testing sites in your area, please visit your State Health Department.
- The CDC has issued detailed advice for older Americans who are at higher risk for more serious symptoms of COVID-19. Learn more about the COVID-19 Checklist for Older Adults.
World Health Organization (WHO)
The WHO works worldwide to promote health and helps prevent emergencies by identifying risks and developing tools needed during outbreaks. To learn more about the coronavirus and for updates, visit the WHO website.
- To view commonly asked questions and answers about the coronavirus, visit the Q&A Page for more information.
- For the myth buster page regarding the false information about the coronavirus, visit the myth buster section.
Health and Wellness Resources
Daily Strength serves as an online forum for mental wellness and stress relief strategies. You can create a free membership on this website to access a wealth of wellness tools.
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media.
- Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch or meditate. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep and avoid alcohol.
- Make time to unwind. Listen to music, read or try to do some other activities you enjoy.
- Talk about your concerns and how you are feeling with your loved ones or other people you trust.
- Benefit of Using Telehealth During Coronavirus Outbreak
- Managing COVID-19 anxiety and stress webinar | Transcript | Transcripción en Español
- Way to keep CALM webinar | Transcript | Transcripción en Español
- Things to do while staying at home infographic
- Using Telehealth Services
- Infection Control: Advice for Patients