The American Urological Association
The American Urological Association (AUA) is a premier professional association for the advancement of urological patient care. The AUA conducts a wide range of activities to ensure that more than 21,000 members stay current on the latest research and best practices in the field of urology. The AUA pursues its mission of promoting the highest standards of urological clinical care through education, research and in the formulation of health care policy.
- 95% of board-certified urologists in the United States are AUA members
- The AUA is a leader in providing quality, evidence-based urologic education and offers continuing medical education through our Annual Meeting, courses and products
- The AUA is committed to supporting urologic research through funding, advocacy and scholarly exchange
- The AUA is a leading advocate for the specialty of urology
- The AUA publishes the prestigious Journal of Urology®
- The AUA is a globally engaged organization with members in 107 countries within six continents
The Urology Care Foundation
The Urology Care Foundation is committed to advancing urology research and education. We collaborate with researchers, health care professionals, patients and caregivers to improve patients' lives. The Urology Care Foundation is the official foundation of the AUA and was formerly known as the AUA Foundation.
- Our unique relationship with the AUA has made us a leading source of accurate, up-to-date urologic health information
- The Foundation's patient education information is based on the integrity of the AUA's evidence-based clinical guidelines
- We are committed to improving communication between patients and their health care professionals
- Since 1975, our Research Scholars Program has provided more than 525 scholarships and awards to promising young men and women interested in pursuing a career in urologic research
- We are committed to advancing urologic research and sharing news of discovery with the patient community