Take advantage of the extra time you spend inside this winter to make some tasty meals. Here is a recipe for Chicken and White Bean Soup. It's made with ‘good for you' ingredients - and won't bother a sensitive bladder.
Makes 6 servings, 1 ½ cups each
Calories per serving: 172
2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 leeks, white and light green parts only, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
3 14-ounce cans reduced salt chicken broth
1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
3 boneless chicken breasts, baked and shredded
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium high heat.
2. Add leeks and cook, stirring until soft (about 3 minutes).
3. Stir in sage and keep cooking until aromatic (about 30 seconds).
4. Stir in broth, raise heat to high, cover and bring to a boil.
5. Add beans and chicken and cook until heated through (about 3 minutes).
6. Serve hot.