By: Urology Care Foundation | Posted on: 18 Aug 2017
Make the most of fall flavors with these pumpkin cookies with hints of molasses, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg. This heart-healthy recipe uses whole-wheat flour and no butter.
Serving size: 1 cookie
Calories per serving: 72
• ⅔ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
• ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon ground ginger
• ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
• ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
• 2 large eggs
• ¾ cup packed light brown sugar or ⅓ cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
• ¾ cup canned unseasoned pumpkin puree
• ¼ cup canola oil
• ¼ cup dark molasses
• 1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 3 baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg in a large bowl. Whisk eggs, brown sugar (or Splenda), pumpkin, oil and molasses in a second bowl until well combined. Stir the wet ingredients and raisins into the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
3. Drop the 1 tablespoon of batter onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the cookies 1½ inches apart.
4. Bake the cookies until firm to the touch and lightly golden on top, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.