By: Urology Care Foundation | Posted on: 02 May 2016
In addition to drinking more water, some studies suggest what you eat (and what you don't eat) could also be important factors in preventing kidney stones. Talk with a registered dietitian -- an expert in nutrition -- if you have questions about your diet.
Below is a healthy recipe for Grilled Salmon that you can enjoy this summer with friends and family:
Makes 2 servings
Two 4-ounce salmon fillets (approximately 1-inch thick)
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
2 lemon slices
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 tablespoon capers
1. Brush top and bottom of salmon fillets with olive oil and flavor with seasoning blend and chopped rosemary.
2. Place each piece of seasoned salmon on a piece of aluminum foil.
3. Top each piece with 1 lemon slice and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1/2 tablespoon of wine and 1/4 teaspoon of capers.
4. Wrap up salmon tightly in the foil packets.
5. Place the foil packets on the hot grill and cook for 10 minutes, flipping once.
6. Serve in the foil packets.